This is my first update on my goal to reach 10,000 followers on my Bookstagram account by the end of the year! Click here to read my previous posts.
I will have at least 10,000 followers by December 31, 2021.
I’ve had a great response so far and am excited to have a goal. I forgot the “social” in social media for a while but I’m back, baby!
Here are the highlights:
Start Date: 6/28/21 – Followers: 6,606
Follower count at the time of writing – 6,634
- Posted a new reel every day since Saturday 6/26 and have been showing my face more in my stories.
- Click HERE and HERE to see my two most viewed/liked reels.
- Worked on/Filmed more reels (6 saved in my drafts)
- Bookstagram challenges reel – ongoing
- Explore OC With Me – filmed my first virtual tour of a cute OC coffeehouse – ongoing
- Featured three 10k accounts in my stories and connected with the page owner – ongoing
- @annmariereads, @cookie.the.bookie, @booksloveandunderstanding
- Created a google survey with a TON of questions for these “big accounts” – ongoing
- Cross-posted all posts and reels to Pinterest
- Planned out and took pics for 5 giveaways – #freebookfriday, (click here to see the giveaway for this week ) – ongoing
- Identified 4 “pillars” (topics) to focus on – Nonfiction, Motivation/Kindness, Tutorials, Local OC Scene (libraries, coffee shops, etc.)
- Polled my followers what they think I do best, or what interests them the most – most votes for kindness and motivation
- To celebrate the small victories and milestones on the way to 10K, I thought it would be fun to do something silly on camera – so when I reach 7,000, I’ll eat an avocado! (I despise avocados!)
Looking Ahead. Ideas and Things to Work On
This is a running list of todos.
- Resource Library
- Hashtag Challenges – food, drinks, causes, colors, days of the week, spell it, seasonal, weather, pets, plants
- List of music/audio for reels with links and verbiage
- Brand Identity worksheet – How to figure out your niche/brand/aesthetic (list of descriptive words)
- Local business features
- Weekly Hashtag / Photo Challenge round-up: #booksandjournals #booksandbujos
- Tip Tuesday – what would that look like?
- How to incorporate Motivation and Kindness posts – quotes?
- How to share more personal things – my hobbies, favorites, etc.
- Join the #DoSummerWrite journaling challenge
- Work on other small business features/reels (candles, t-shirts, bookmarks, stationery, indie bookstores)
Don’t Forget! Post Checklist:
- Post every day
- Consistent aesthetic
- Stick to content pillars – every post
- Call to action?
- Ask A Question / Solve a Problem
- Is it Educational / Promotional / Personal
- Hashtag research
- Reels – use trending music
- More Jaymi – show my personality
- Cross-posting to other Pinterest and other platforms
- More engagement via stories, polls
- Use Image Description for accessibility
- Use LR presets
- Get photos reposted, tag brands
- Preschedule with Later
- Monthly themes (Nonfiction November, RAOK, etc)
Join me on my journey!
Instagram: THEOCBOOKGIRL – Follow My Stories!
Did you enjoy this post? Please take a few seconds and click to retweet! [bctt tweet=”My Bookstagram Journey to 10K #6Monthsto10K #theOCBookGirl”]
Let’s be friends! The OC BookGirl is on Goodreads, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting this blog and the books I recommend! This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using this link. I may have received a book for free in exchange for my honest review, however, all opinions are my own.
If you want to purchase any books I’ve mentioned, please search my online bookstore: BookShop.org (Amazon gets enough of our money. Find and support your local bookstore using this link.)