This is Part 3 of my goal to reach 10,000 followers on my Bookstagram account by the end of the year! Click here to read my previous posts.
I will have at least 10,000 followers by December 31, 2021.
July is the first month I’ve really focused on being VERY intentional with my content. Social media marketing is a long game and so is building an audience. Growing pains and slow growth is to be expected.
Here are the highlights:
Start Date: 6/28/21 – Followers: 6,606
Follower count at the time of writing – 6,690 (+84)
- Posted 20 new reels between 6/26 and 7/17 (every day except 7/9)
- Click HERE and HERE to see my most viewed/liked reels.
- Collab with @JavaTradingJourney – Click here to see
- @Bloomscape used my photo! – Click here to see
- Using InShot exclusively now. Now there are minimal edits when I upload to Reels and if I lose my drafts, I don’t lose all that work.
- Focus my posts – educational, promotional, or personal, and only if they fit into a content “bucket” (motivation and kindness, nonfiction, tutorials/how-tos, local OC scene, about me)
- Identified my most frequent post layouts: book stacks (a hashtag challenge, common theme), book cover (a spotlight, review, giveaway), flat lay (common themes/images/trends), digital book (review/spotlight), mood pic (no specific book – quotes, motivation, personal), selfie (personal connection), my favorite things – books with plants, coffee mugs, journals
- Featured 6 accounts that are super close to 10k – community over competition – ongoing
- Revised my story hi-lights for the millionth time.
- Featured more 10k accounts in my stories and connected with the page owner – ongoingContinue to send google surveys to the “big accounts” and aggregate the info I receive- ongoingSend thank you postcard?
- My library of content (photos and reels) is growing nicely. I’m taking batches of photos, with similar themes/backgrounds as a way to streamline the process and build a consistent aesthetic – ongoing
- Weekly posts will include: Nonfiction, True Crime Nonfiction, Motivation/Kindness- ongoing
- Weekly Reels will include: Local Scene or Small Business, Bookstagram Hashtags, and Frequently Mispronounced Words- ongoing
- Weekly reminders in my stories about the mini-goal of reaching 7k to build excitement and not lose momentum.- ongoing
- I’ve been terrible at remembering to cross-post all posts and reels to Pinterest and other social media platforms
- I also need to be better at adding Image Descriptions to my photos
- Hashtag strategy? What’s that?!
Looking Ahead. Ideas and Things to Work On
This is a running list of todos.
- Resource Library
- Hashtag Challenges – food, drinks, causes, colors, days of the week, spell it, seasonal, weather, pets, plants
- List of music/audio for reels with links and verbiage
- Brand Identity worksheet – How to figure out your niche/brand/aesthetic (list of descriptive words)
- Local business features
- Weekly Hashtag / Photo Challenge round-up? #booksandjournals #booksandbujos
- Tip Tuesday – what would that look like?
- Incorporate Motivation and Kindness posts – quotes?
- Share more personal things – my hobbies, favorites, etc.
- Work on other small business features/reels (candles, t-shirts, bookmarks, stationery, indie bookstores)
- Post idea: what I spend money on (i.e Canva, WordPress, etc).
- Poll followers for September birthdays
Don’t Forget! Post Checklist:
- Post every day
- Consistent aesthetic
- Stick to content pillars – every post
- Call to action?
- Ask A Question / Solve a Problem
- Is it Educational / Promotional / Personal
- Hashtag research
- Reels – use trending music
- More ME – show my personality
- Cross-posting to other Pinterest and other platforms
- More engagement via stories, polls
- Use Image Description for accessibility
- Use LR presets
- Get photos reposted, tag brands
- Preschedule with Later
- Monthly themes (Nonfiction November, RAOK, etc)
Join me on my journey!
Instagram: THEOCBOOKGIRL – Follow My Stories!
Did you enjoy this post? Please take a few seconds and click to retweet! [bctt tweet=”Part 3 My Bookstagram Journey to 10K #6Monthsto10K #theOCBookGirl”]
Let’s be friends! The OC BookGirl is on Goodreads, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting this blog and the books I recommend! This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using this link. I may have received a book for free in exchange for my honest review, however, all opinions are my own.
If you want to purchase any books I’ve mentioned, please search my online bookstore: BookShop.org (Amazon gets enough of our money. Find and support your local bookstore using this link.)