Welcome to another Tuesday, Dear Readers!
Today’s TOP TEN TUESDAY topic is “new to me” authors. In 2020, of the 118 books I read, I was surprised to discover that only 33 (28%) were by authors I was already familiar with! Part of it has to do with being able to bingeread several books in a series and playing catch-up whereas I’m already mostly caught up with the latest from my favorite authors.
My list below includes ten “new” authors who really impressed me. I can’t wait to see what they do next.
Be sure to join Jana – ThatArtsyReaderGirl every Tuesday for a new topic and linkup.
January 26: New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2020
- Laura Pavlov (5 titles read) -Young adult and contemporary romance https://www.laurapavlov.com
- Gregg Hurwitz (5 titles read) – Thriller fiction (Orphan X series) https://gregghurwitz.net
- *Rachel Caine – (4 titles read) Mystery thriller https://www.rachelcaine.com
- Katee Robert (2 titles read) – Contemporary romance and romantic suspense https://www.kateerobert.com
- Kennedy Ryan (3 titles read) Contemporary romance https://kennedyryanwrites.com
- Robert Galbraith (4 titles read) Cormoran Strike series Crime fiction https://robert-galbraith.com
- Laura Lippman (2 titles read) Mystery thriller https://www.lauralippman.com
- Alexis Hall (1 title read) Queer romance https://quicunquevult.com
- Talia Hibbert (2 titles read) Sexy, diverse romance https://www.taliahibbert.com
- Julie Clark (1 title read) Mystery suspense https://julieclarkauthor.com
*Bestselling author Roxanne Longstreet Conrad, better known by her pen name Rachel Caine, who wrote the YA series The Morganville Vampires, and The Great Library, in addition to thriller and sci-fi titles for adults, died on November 1, 2020 following a battle with soft tissue sarcoma. She was 58.
Did you enjoy this post? Please take a few seconds and click to retweet! [bctt tweet=”Top Ten Tuesday – New to Me Authors #TopTenTuesday #theOCBookGirl”]
Thank you for supporting this blog and the books I recommend! This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using this link. I may have received a book for free in exchange for my honest review, however, all opinions are my own.
If you want to purchase any books I’ve mentioned, please search my online bookstore: BookShop.org (Amazon gets enough of our money. Find and support your local bookstore using this link.)