Welcome, Dear Readers!
Today’s TOP TEN TUESDAY topic from That Artsy Reader Girl is Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2021. There are SO many great books coming out! Here are ten I am MOST excited to read (links from bookshop.org):
- Prodigal Son by Gregg Hurwitz (1/26/21) – preorder link
- The Nature of Fragile Things by Susan Meissner (2/2/21)- preorder link
- The Sunflower Sisters by Martha Hall Kelly (3/30/21)- preorder link
- Broken (In The Best Possible Way) by Jenny Lawson (4/6/21)- preorder link
- Life’s Too Short by Abby Jimenez (4/6/21)- preorder link
- The Kindred Spirits Supper Club by Amy Reichert (4/20/21)- preorder link
- The Next Wife by Kaira Rouda (5/1/21)- preorder link
- Local Woman Missing by Mary Kubica (5/18/21)- preorder link
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid (5/25/21)- preorder link
- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston (6/1/21)- preorder link
My favorite book of last year is actually a February 23, 2021 release: The Family Ship by Sonja Yoerg – preorder it now!
The Chesapeake Bay, 1980. Eighteen-year-old Verity Vergennes is the captain of the USS Nepenthe, and her seven younger siblings are her crew. The ship–an oyster boat transformed into a make-believe destroyer–is the heart of the Vergennes family, a place both to play and to learn responsibility. But Verity’s had it with being tied to the ship and secretly applies to a distant college. If only her parents could bear to let her go.
Maeve and Arthur Vergennes already suffered one loss when, five years earlier, their eldest son, Jude, stormed out and never returned. Now Maeve is pregnant again and something’s amiss. Verity yearns to follow her dreams, but how can she jump ship now? The problem, and perhaps the answer, lies with Jude.
When disaster strikes and the family unravels, Verity must rally her sibling crew to keep the Nepenthe and all it symbolizes afloat. Sailing away from home, she discovers, is never easy–not if you ever hope to find your way back.
What’s your most anticipated release for 2021?
Did you enjoy this post? Please take a few seconds and click to retweet! [bctt tweet=”Top Ten Tuesday – Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2021 #TopTenTuesday #theOCBookGirl”]
Thank you for supporting this blog and the books I recommend! This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using this link. I may have received a book for free in exchange for my honest review, however, all opinions are my own.
If you want to purchase any books I’ve mentioned, please search my online bookstore: BookShop.org (Find and support your local bookstore using this link.)