Its Tuesday and we only have 1,824 hours or 76 days or 109,440 minutes until the end of 2018! Let’s do this!
I love visiting bookstores and libraries! Here in Southern California, we have Warwicks (La Jolla) which is the oldest continuously family-owned and operated bookstore in the United States, Vromans (Pasadena) which was founded in 1894 and The Last Bookstore (Los Angeles) which has everything from an old bank safe that houses horror novels to a book tunnel!
Last April, I was lucky to visit a big Library – THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS!
Here are a few places still on my list (I know, I couldn’t just stop at 10!):
- Ripped Bodice (Culver City)
- Book Soup (West Hollywood)
- LA Public Library (Los Angeles)
- Barts Books (Ojai)
- Small World Books (Venice)
- Skylight Books (Los Angeles)
- CityLights (San Francisco)
- Powells (Portland, OR)
- Parnasuss Books (Nashville, TN)
- Tattered Cover (Denver, CO)
- Faulkner House Books (New Orleans, LA)
- Strand Bookstore (New York, NY)
- Shakespeare and Company – Paris, France
- Atlantis Books – Santorini, Greece
- Livraria Lello – Porto, Portugal
So tell me about the bookstores where YOU live… If you mail me a postcard from a local bookstore, I’ll mail you one from here! Seriously!
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.