August rocked. This was my most active month on the blog and I’m using Instagram stories to get people to click over here. It seems to be working and I am loving the WordPress stats.
AUGUST 2018 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Gained more followers, here and on social media
- Hosted BIG Instagram giveaway with three winners
- Best reading/review month this year
- Joined my first Blog Tour with BookSparks – Magic of Memoir
- Increased Netgalley ratio to 75%
FAVORITE BOOK – August:
BLOGGER ❤️ LOVE:
I’m participating in “Top Ten Tuesday” and “It’s Monday, What Are You Reading” linkups which have been a wonderful way to find other book nerds and see the incredible diversity of readers in this blogging community. And add to my toppling TBR of course!
These blog posts are just a few that I found really interesting!
- Abyssal Librarian – Perfectly summarizes every kind of book slump!
- BLARB Los Angeles Review of Books – Great profile of an independent bookstore I’ve never been to.
- Electric Literature – really cool article showing the progression of book cover art from the graphic designers POV.
- That Bookshelf Bitch – 10 Spreadsheet Hacks to Step Up Your Blogging Game.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart to these stellar publishers and bookstagrammers for showing so much generosity and holding super fun giveaways! (note: I’ve NEVER won this many, do you know how many Goodreads giveaways I’ve entered?!)
September is my favorite month! I’m looking forward to everything Fall 🍁 related and it’s a big birthday/anniversary month, hee hee 😜 AND I am attending TWO author events that I am SO. EXCITED. ABOUT! More on that later!
Over at A Novel Family, they’re proposing an awesome theme for September: Read What You Own. It’s brilliant, right?! A book buying ban for just 30 teensy days?! Who’s up for the challenge? Which is a perfect segue…
NetGalley Upcoming Reads:
I’ve got my NetGalley account caught up and these are the ones I’m beyond thrilled to have been approved for. Aren’t they purty? 😍 Which one should I read first?
So tell me, how was your reading month? Tell me what your favorite book was. Are you on Instagram? What’s your favorite book blog? Let me know in the comments.
Sounds like you had an amazing month, and seems like September will keep up that pattern! Those Netgalley books look gorgeous, especially Once Upon A River😍
LikeLiked by 1 person
Looks like you had a great month! You have a lot of nice Netgalley books to read. They haven’t gotten back to me (yes or no) on several requests… although I’m assuming they’re going to say no, I’m a little afraid they might say yes and I’ll have too many to read! I’m afraid to ask for more.
I think my favorite books for this month were the Mortal Instruments books I read.
Have a great September!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.