Greetings & Salutations Dear Readers!
Welcome to my *NEW* Friday series! Each week I’ll be featuring 10 Nonfiction Books with a common theme or subgenre. This week I’m featuring ten titles on PERSONAL GROWTH!
So, how are you doing? No really – how ARE you doing?
I think we can all agree that there are countless challenges facing us and our communities on a daily basis. It’s normal to feel worried, preoccupied, dissatisfied, tired, irritated and discouraged these days.
While there’s no easy solution or secret handbook to getting through life, there are many inspiring and helpful books out there.
This week’s theme is: PERSONAL GROWTH. If you’re skeptical of self help books – keep an open mind! NO generic advice, celebrities with out-of-touch perspectives, or gimmicky “quick fixes” here!
Here are 10 new titles about Personal Growth!
- The Light We Give: How Sikh Wisdom Can Transform Your Life by Simran Jeet Singh pub 7/19/22
- Tiny Buddha’s Inner Strength Journal: Creative Prompts and Challenges to Help You Get Through Anything by Lori Deschene pub 8/30/22
- Surviving Storms: Finding the Strength to Meet Adversity by Mark Nepo pub 9/6/22
- Lighter: Let Go of the Past, Connect with the Present, and Expand the Future by Yung Pueblo pub 10/4/22
- Life Is Hard: How Philosophy Can Help Us Find Our Way by Kieran Setiya pub 10/4/22
- Living a Committed Life: Finding Freedom and Fulfillment in a Purpose Larger Than Yourself by Lynne Twist pub 10/18/22
- Rest Is Resistance: A Manifesto by Tricia Hersey pub 10/11/22
- The Open-Air Life: Discover the Nordic Art of Friluftsliv and Embrace Nature Every Day by Linda Åkeson McGurk pub 11/1/22
- Hope Leans Forward: Braving Your Way Toward Simplicity, Awakening, and Peace by Valerie Brown 11/8/22
- The Light We Carry: Overcoming in Uncertain Times by Michelle Obama 11/15/22
Want more info on any of the books I’ve mentioned? Click here to shop at Bookshop.org!
Did you enjoy this post? Please take a few seconds and click to retweet! [bctt tweet=”Top 10 Nonfiction Books of the Week – Personal Growth #theOCBookGirl”]
Let’s be friends!
The OC BookGirl is on Instagram, Twitter, StoryGraph, & Facebook. Shop my shelves on PangoBooks!
Thank you for supporting this blog and the books I recommend! This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using this link. I may have received a book for free in exchange for my honest review, however, all opinions are my own.
If you want to purchase any books I’ve mentioned, please search my online bookstore: BookShop.org