Greetings & Salutations Dear Readers!
Welcome to my *NEW* Friday series! Each week I’ll be featuring 10 Nonfiction Books with a common theme or subgenre. This week I’m featuring ten titles on Families & DNA.￼
- The Genome Defense: Inside the Epic Legal Battle to Determine Who Owns Your DNA by Jorge L. Contreras
- The DNA Guide for Adoptees: How to use genealogy and genetics to uncover your roots, connect with your biological family, and better understand your medical history by Brianne Kirkpatrick
- The Milkman’s Son: A Memoir of Family History. a DNA Mystery. a Story of Paternal Love. by Randy Lindsay (Shadow Mountain)
- A Broken Tree: How DNA Exposed a Family’s Secrets by Stephen F. Anderson (Rowman & Littlefield)
- The Lost Family: How DNA Testing Is Upending Who We Are by Libby Copeland (Abrams Press)
- Random Families: Genetic Strangers, Sperm Donor Siblings, and the Creation of New Kin by Rosanna Hertz (Oxford University Press)
- The Genetic Lottery: Why DNA Matters for Social Equality by Kathryn Paige Harden (Princeton University Press)
- Normal Family: On Truth, Love, and How I Met My 35 Siblings by Chrysta Bilton (Little, Brown & Company)
- Ancestor Trouble: A Reckoning and a Reconciliation by Maud Newton (Random House)
- Inheritance: A Memoir of Genealogy, Paternity, and Love by Dani Shapiro (Anchor Books)
Want to buy any of the books I’ve mentioned? Click here to shop at Bookshop.org! A better way to buy books online.
Did you enjoy this post? Please take a few seconds and click to retweet! [bctt tweet=”Top 10 Nonfiction Books of the Week – Families & DNA #theOCBookGirl”]
Let’s be friends!
Thank you for supporting this blog and the books I recommend! This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using this link. I may have received a book for free in exchange for my honest review, however, all opinions are my own.
If you want to purchase any books I’ve mentioned, please search my online bookstore: BookShop.org