Greetings & Salutations Dear Readers!
Welcome to my *NEW* weekly series! Each week I’ll be featuring 10 Nonfiction Books with a common theme or subgenre. This week I’m featuring 10 titles all about CULTS.
Cults fascinate us all. For some of us, it’s about trying to understand the WHY. Why do people commit these heinous and unspeakable acts? For others, particularly women, we read and listen to learn how to avoid becoming victims.
From the Children of God, an oppressive, extremist religious cult to a secret society, simply called School to the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, where a strict patriarchal culture is defined by subordinate sister wives and men they must obey to the Church of Synanon, one of the country’s most infamous and dangerous cults- here are ten books that do a deep-dive into these sinister and seductive organizations.
Purchase or Preorder at the Bookshop.org link below!
- Breaking Free: How I Escaped Polygamy, the FLDS Cult, and My Father, Warren Jeffs by Rachel Jeffs – available now
- Don’t Call It a Cult: The Shocking Story of Keith Raniere and the Women of NXIVM by Sarah Berman – available now
- Sex Cult Nun: Breaking Away from the Children of God, a Wild, Radical Religious Cult by Faith Jones – available now
- Slonim Woods 9: A Memoir by Daniel Barban Levin – available now
- Cultish: The Language of Fanaticism by Amanda Montell – available now
- Cult Psychology: A Cognitive, Personality Psychology, Social and Forensic Psychology Look At Cults by Connor Whiteley – on sale 1/17/22
- Hollywood Park: A Memoir by Mikel Jollett – new in paperback 3/22/22
- Manhattan Cult Story: My Unbelievable True Story of Sex, Crimes, Chaos, and Survival by Spencer Schneider – on sale 7/5/22
- Cults: Inside the World’s Most Notorious Groups and Understanding the People Who Joined Them by Max Cutler – on sale 7/12/22
- Uncultured: A Memoir by Daniella Mestyanek Young – on sale 9/20/22
Want to order any of the books I’ve mentioned? Click here to shop at Bookshop.org!
What are some other books on CULTS that you would recommend?
Did you enjoy this post? Please take a few seconds and click to retweet! [bctt tweet=”Top 10 Nonfiction Books of the Week – CULTS” username=”TheOCBookGirl”]
Let’s be friends!
Thank you for supporting this blog and the books I recommend! This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using this link. I may have received a book for free in exchange for my honest review, however, all opinions are my own.
If you want to purchase any books I’ve mentioned, please search my online bookstore: BookShop.org