Fall is upon us, which means it’s Nonfiction November time!
If you’ve been following me, you’ll know I’m a big fan of all things NONFICTION! Imagine my delight to be asked to help host this month long blogging celebration!
I’m so thrilled to join these four fantastic bloggers for the annual month-long dedication to nonfiction.
Rennie (What’s Nonfiction), Katie (Doing Dewey), Veronica (The Thousand Book Project), Christopher (Plucked from the Stacks), and me! (The OC BookGirl)
Each Monday, a link-up for the week’s topic will be posted at the host’s blog for you to link your posts throughout the week.
[Scroll to the bottom of this announcement for details on all the challenges and giveaways we have planned for our Instagram friends.]
Calendar of Events
Monday = Topic and linky
Week 1: (November 1-5) – Your Year in Nonfiction with Rennie at What’s Nonfiction:
- Take a look back at your year of nonfiction and reflect on the following questions – What was your favorite nonfiction read of the year? Do you have a particular topic you’ve been attracted to more this year? What nonfiction book have you recommended the most? What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November?
Week 2: (November 8-12) – Book Pairing with Katie at Doing Dewey:
- This week, pair up a nonfiction book with a fiction title. It can be a “If you loved this book, read this!” or just two titles that you think would go well together. Maybe it’s a historical novel and you’d like to get the real history by reading a nonfiction version of the story.
Week 3: (November 15-19) – Be The Expert/ Ask the Expert/ Become the Expert with Veronica at The Thousand Book Project:
- Three ways to join in this week! You can either share 3 or more books on a single topic that you have read and can recommend (be the expert), you can put the call out for good nonfiction on a specific topic that you have been dying to read (ask the expert), or you can create your own list of books on a topic that you’d like to read (become the expert).
Week 4: (November 22-26) – Stranger Than Fiction with Christopher at Plucked from the Stacks:
- This week we’re focusing on all the great nonfiction books that *almost* don’t seem real. A sports biography involving overcoming massive obstacles, a profile on a bizarre scam, a look into the natural wonders in our world—basically, if it makes your jaw drop, you can highlight it for this week’s topic.
Week 5: (November 29-December 3) — New to My TBR Jaymi OCBookgirl.com:
- It’s been a month full of amazing nonfiction books! Which ones have made it onto your TBR? Be sure to link back to the original blogger who posted about that book!
🖼 BONUS: We have a folder of graphics to use for your posts – access them here
🎉Instagram Nonfiction Book Party 🎉 Photo Challenge & Giveaway
This year we’re excited to have a new host for our Instagram friends with giveaways, daily photo challenges and more! Jaymi at @theocbookgirl is running the monthlong Instagram festivities.
If you’re interested in participating in Nonfiction November on your blog AND on Instagram check TheOCBookGirl for all the details!
🗣 If you’d like to join us, we’d love it if you’d share a sign-up post on your blog or social media to spread the word. We can’t wait to chat about nonfiction with all of you this November!
Did you enjoy this post? Please take a few seconds and share!
Let’s be friends! The OC BookGirl is on Goodreads, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting this blog and the books I recommend! This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using this link. I may have received a book for free in exchange for my honest review, however, all opinions are my own.
If you want to purchase any books I’ve mentioned, please search my online bookstore: BookShop.org (Amazon gets enough of our money. Find and support your local bookstore using this link.)
So exciting, I can’t wait!
Hi Jaymi! You can count me in! I’m looking forward to it! By the way, your click to tweet in this post doesn’t have your Twitter handle in it, so you’re not getting credit when people share this post. Just thought I’d mention it and I found you on Twitter. Looking forward to your updates there.
Thanks SO much for letting me know about the broken link!
So excited you’re joining the party! Looking forward to reading your posts!
Woo, thanks so much for hosting with us this year! I can’t wait 🙂
[…] you missed it, I’m joining four fabulous bloggers for Nonfiction November – check the announcement post […]
[…] It’s almost here — Nonfiction November starts Monday! Be sure to join our first host: Rennie from What’s Nonfiction for the Week 1 blog prompt and to link up your post. Announcement post here. […]
[…] on Instagram. Go check it out and use #nonfictionbookparty to join in on the fun! Or check out her book blog for more information on how to celebrate with us and find out about the books she’s giving […]
Comments are closed.