How was your weekend? How are those apple-picking, pumpkin-carving, Fall bucket lists coming? We got RAIN 🌧 on Friday and Saturday and our favorite NFL team won!
It was a great reading week… And ”book acquiring” week… (I have no self-control! 🤷🏻♀️) AND I attended two author events!
October is #Blogoween 👻 and we wrote two posts.
Post 5 – Local Ghosts who Demand A Book
Post 6 – Vampires!
I cranked through 5️⃣ books this past week! Did I stick to my list from last Monday’s post? No, I did not. Hence the term ”mood reader”. Here are the titles I completed last week:
- The Orphan Keeper (review to come): ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, based on a true story about coming home.
- A Thousand Doors (review posted 11/5): ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, short story anthology
- Love In Catalina Cove (review posted 10/30): ⭐️⭐️⭐️.5 A hot and steamy romance
- Evidence of the Affair (review to come) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ heartbreaking and unique storyline
- The Curiosities (review posted February 2019) ⭐️⭐️⭐️.5 interesting take on grief and art.
Daisy Jones & The Six – it’s really exciting so far! Its got all the sex, drugs and rock and roll you’d imagine and it’s crazy to think they aren’t a real band!
Which one should I read first?
The Rain Watcher (pub 10/30)
The Proposal (pub 10/30)
Beautiful Bad (pub 3/19/19)
The Care & Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls (pub 2/19/19)
This weekend was a stellar weekend for bookish events! BIG Thanks to Mysterious Galaxy books for hosting an event here in Orange County. 😘
Books Are Better Shared – Mission Viejo Norman Murray Community Center: Christina Dalcher, Stephen Markley, James Mustich, Cherise Wolas and more!
25th Anniversary Celebration – Los Angeles Public Library with Susan Orlean
What are YOU reading/watching/experiencing this week? Tell me in the comments!
#IMWAYR is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It’s a great way to recap your weekend and plan your reading goals for the week ahead.