It’s Tuesday and I’m joining the Artsy Reader Girl for this week’s prompt. It was challenging to come up with ten this week, but I did enjoy reflecting on the past year.
November 19: Changes In My Reading Life
(i.e.Maybe you like different genres or topics, maybe you read faster than you used to, maybe you only like standalones now)
- TOO MANY BOOKS, TOO LITTLE TIME – I used to force myself to finish books, and now I have no problem with a DNF! (Although I think I might try some of them at a later date.)
- BETTER TOGETHER – I found that I enjoy buddy reads of books that are intimidating in size or subject. It helps me with accountability and sticking with a dense or difficult topic.
- MULTITASKING LIKE A BOSS – I can read multiple books at the same time. As long as they’re different enough, I can have a buddy read, a Kindle book and a physical book going at the same time.
- CAN YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR? – I started listening to my first podcast! I was drawn into The Bright Sessions instantly and binge-listened to it. It helped that the podcasts were short and the premise was interesting and fast-paced.
- QUANTITY AND QUALITY – I will read more books this year than last year. Last year I barely squeaked in with 99 books and this year I’m currently reading book 102!
- OPEN YOUR MIND – I will go to book signings even if I haven’t read the book. I enjoy listening to the author speak about their inspirations and writing styles.
- IS IT GETTING HOT IN HERE? I read more romance this year and was surprised at some of the more erotic scenes. I expect it from E.L. James but not necessarily Helen Hoang or Amy Hatvany.
What Hasn’t Changed:
- NAILS ON A CHALKBOARD – I still can’t listen to audiobooks. I keep trying but still haven’t been able to finish an entire book.
- SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE – Even the best buddy read can’t make me like horror. I don’t know what I was thinking when I agreed to read the new Stephen Chbosky, My Imaginary Friend!
- NOT JUST ANOTHER PRETTY FACE – I still judge books by their cover! Most recently I picked up The Interestings by Meg Wolizter just because it had an eye catching cover, then it turned out to be amazing!
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Upcoming TTT Topics
November 26: Thankful Freebie
December 3: Holiday Reads
December 10: Freebie
December 17: Winter TBR
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using this link. Thank you for supporting this blog and the books I recommend! I may have received a book for free in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.