Wow! Thank you all so much for sharing your nonfiction recommendations this month. I’m so excited to be your host for this final week of Nonfiction November. Who knew reading nonfiction could be so much fun?
Week 5: (Nov 28 – Dec. 5 ) – New to My TBR:
New to My TBR : It’s been a month full of amazing nonfiction books! Which ones have made it onto your TBR? Be sure to link back to the original blogger who posted about that book!
A big THANK YOU to everyone who participated this month! I am so grateful for your helpful reviews, unique perspectives and stellar recommendations.
Thank you to my cohosts: Doing Dewey, What’s Nonfiction, Plucked From The Stacks and She Seeks Nonfiction. Also, I’ve been waiting 6 months to post this picture! Guess who I got to meet IN PERSON?!
Rennie & Jaymi meet IRL! May 2022 – New York City
Each week we had 20-30 blogs participate and link their pages – I’m still reading through everyone’s posts! The sheer volume of books that were consumed, reviewed and discussed is truly impressive. Bravo!
Here is just a small sampling of some of my favorite blogs and the books I am eager to read. What a great month for nonfiction – thank you for sharing your lists with us! See you next year!
Week 1 (Your Year In Nonfiction)
This is the week we take a look back at what we read and what topics and themes we were drawn to. The book I saw on several lists was The Day The World Came To Town. The titles of some of these definitely caught my eye!
- Unsolicited Feedback – Eloquence of the Sardine: Extraordinary Encounters Beneath the Sea – view on Bookshop.org
- Musings of A Literary Wanderer -The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland – view on Bookshop.org
- Happiest When Reading -Solito: A Memoir – view on Bookshop.org
- AnnaBookBel – Thirteen Ways to Smell A Tree – view on Hachette UK
- Melissa Firman – In Love: A Memoir of Love and Loss by Amy Bloom – view on Bookshop.org
Want to read more posts from Week 1? Click HERE!
Week 2 (Book Pairings)
This week we pair up nonfiction books with their fictional counterparts. It’s always interesting to see how people interpret this prompt. For example: What’s Nonfiction? Matches Books with Podcasts!
- Hopewell’s Public Library of Life – We Band of Angels: The Untold Story of the American Women Trapped on Bataan – view on Bookshop.org
- Doing Dewey – Lab Girl – view on Bookshop.org
- Superfluous Reading – Junk Science and the American Criminal Justice System – view on Bookshop.org
Want to read more posts from Week 2? Click HERE!
Week 3 (Stranger Than Fiction)
This week we look at the oddities and bizarre events that just seem too strange to believe.
- Plucked From The Stacks – Disney War – view on Bookshop.org
- Lisa Notes – MWF Seeking BFF: My Yearlong Search for a New Best Friend – view on Bookshop.org
- Helen’s Book Blog – Beyond Possible: One Man, 14 Peaks, and the Mountaineering Achievement of a Lifetime – view on Bookshop.org
Want to read more posts from Week 3? Click HERE!
Week 4 (Worldview Changers)
This is a new prompt this year and it’s so thought-provoking. This week we share books that have changed our lives and shaped our thoughts.
- Based on A True Story -Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End – view on Bookshop.org
- What’s Nonfiction -The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma – view on Bookshop.org
- Pillow Fort Readers -Wintering: The Power of Rest and Retreat in Difficult Times – view on Bookshop.org
- Entering the Enchanted Castle -It Didn’t Start with You: How Inherited Family Trauma Shapes Who We Are and How to End the Cycle – view on Bookshop.org
Want to read more posts from Week 4? Click HERE!
So what books really stood out to you this year? Which books did everyone seem to be talking about? Did you add any of these to your TBR too?
Find new blogs to follow and link up your Week 5 post! Join the InLinkz Link Party below:
Link up your posts HERE
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Are you on Instagram? The #nonfictionbookparty goes on all year long!
Visit the OC BOOKGIRL on Instagram!
Did you enjoy this post? Please take a few seconds and click to retweet! [bctt tweet=”Nonfiction November – Week 5: New to My TBR #nonfictionnovember #nonfictionbookparty #theocbookgirl”]
Let’s be friends!
The OC BookGirl is on Instagram, Twitter, StoryGraph and Facebook. Shop my shelves on PangoBooks!
Thank you for supporting this blog and the books I recommend! This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using this link. I may have received a book for free in exchange for my honest review, however, all opinions are my own.
If you want to purchase any books I’ve mentioned, please search my online bookstore: BookShop.org
How wonderful was it to get to meet you here!!! I have your postcards pinned above my desk ♥️
Great to host with you again and glad you found so many new things to read this month!
[…] Dewey, What’s Nonfiction, Plucked From The Stacks, OC BookGirl, and She Seeks […]
I like the way you presented your list!
I have one in common, though my list is very small this year.
Thanks for hosting
Thanks for hosting this week, such a great event!
I saw the Nims book, which I worked on and also love, and followed the link to find a new blogger to follow, so thank you for that! I’m doing my New to my TBR post at the end of the week as I usually pick up books from people’s New to my TBR posts …!
What a great wrap-up. I absolutely love that you chose some of the presented books, there were just so so many.
Thanks for hosting this week, I have enjoyed the whole month. And I have added you on Instagram (momoesperanto). Have a fabulous December.
Here is my New to my TBR list.
Thank you for following me on Instagram too!
Thanks for the shout-out! I also read Wintering–it was excellent my review is on my blog.
I’ve just purchased Wintering – very excited!
[…] Today’s prompt is hosted by Jaymi @ The OC BookGirl. […]
[…] did not miss the ones that went online after mine did for the respective weeks! Please link back to Jaymi @ theOCBookGirl. The whole thing wraps up […]
[…] what books you’ve added to your to-read list this month and link up your post with our host, Jaymi at The OC Book Girl. I managed to keep my list of additions short, but I’m excited about all of them. Who knows, […]
[…] Close the cover, folks, Nonfiction November is officially over. If you’re participating this week, be sure to share your link with Jaymi at The OC BookGirl. […]
[…] 5: New to My TBR with Jaymi at The OC Bookgirl: It’s been a month full of amazing nonfiction books! Which ones have made it onto your […]